- This event has passed.
Nourishing Support: Breast/Chestfeeding Education for Doulas
June 6, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
This is a breast and chestfeeding course designed for doulas so they may better inform their clients prenatally and support in postpartum. It is taught by Charda Fontenot and Robin Kaplan of San Diego Breastfeeding Center.
25% discount code: DASC25
Registration and more info: https://sdbfc.kartra.com/page/nourishing-support
- There are 2 options to choose from: the live workshop which we have 3 separate dates (6/6/21, 9/12/21, 11/14/21) or the recorded, self-paced course.
- Both are approved for 6 DONA CEUs and both include monthly office hours with instructors.
- Scholarship available for those who identify as BIPOC and would benefit from the larger discount. You can share this link, which will take those folks to the scholarship application.AFTER COMPLETING THE NOURISHING SUPPORT PROGRAM, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Confidently advise your clients on positioning/latch techniques and how to know if their newborn is getting enough milk.
- Reduce your client’s panic around successfully feeding their newborn
- Prevent and offer remedies for common concerns, such as sore nipples, engorgement, and breast infections
- Engage partners/family members in meaningful ways to support breast/chestfeeding
- Be clear on bottle feeding and breastfeeding/chestfeeding and how to support both
- Offer pumping recommendations and know whether your client is using the correct size flange
- Clearly define what feeding advice you can offer clients and when to refer to an IBCLC
- Understand how past traumas can impact a parent’s breastfeeding experience